- Masters degree in Social Work; Bachelors degree in Sociology and Social Psychology; Diploma in Counselling
- Member New Zealand Association of Counsellors
- As a professional counsellor with 20 years experience, I help individuals, couples and families, with varied areas of comfort and need, beliefs ,from varied social and cultural backgrounds on their journey of self-discovery and change.
- Counselling practice is assimilative and caters to the needs of clients. The counsellor's authentic and attuned presence and core nature of respect, compassion and empathy supports clients to form meaningful and therapeutic relationships which enables them to gain inner strength, awareness, learn new skills and generate change
- Modalities of work : Person centred, Strength based, Evidence based therapies which include CBT, ACT, DBT, Motivational interviewing, Mindfulness based therapy , Focus on personal growth and holistic well being. Trained in EFT to work with couples.
- support clients impacted by a wide range of life and work issues which include trauma, abuse, mental health and addictions, anxiety, loss and grief, stress, anger, low self esteem and relationship issues. Special interest in multicultural counselling.
- Fluent in English, Hindi and Malayalam
- Age group: 18 and above
- Fees: $161 GST inclusive/hour
- Location: Face to face in Timaru, South Canterbury. or phone and online sessions