Health coaching is a way of helping people gain the knowledge, skills, tools and confidence they need to take an active part in their own health care. It helps them reach the health goals they want to achieve.
What does a health coach do?
Just like sports coaches, the role of a health coach is to inspire confidence in you, share knowledge with you and find ways to motivate you to achieve your goals.
1. provide support for their client to manage their condition themselves
2. bridge the gap between their client and their doctor
3. help their client find their way around the healthcare system
4. offer their client emotional support
5. be their client's ongoing first person to contact if they have a question.