Senior Clinical Psychologist
- Amy has lived in New Zealand since 1999. She completed her clinical psychology training and earned her PhD in psychology from Canterbury University. With experience working with children, adolescents, and adults, she has devoted the past 6 years to specialist mental health services for children under the age of 18.
- In her practice, she offers Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and other evidence-based approaches such as Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT), Meta-Cognitive Therapy (MCT), and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR). Amy firmly believes that establishing a secure and supportive therapeutic relationship is a key factor in helping her clients reach their goals and make positive changes toward living a meaningful and fulfilled life.
- She is also a trained provider for Tuning in to Kids - an evidence-based parenting program designed to help parents and caregivers enhance their emotional intelligence and communication skills with their children, with a particular focus on understanding and supporting children's emotions.
- Amy is passionate about working with the Asian community to increase awareness of mental health difficulties and improve people's mental well-being.
- In addition to therapy, Amy also conducts ADHD and ASD assessments for both children and adults.
- Fluent in Mandarin and English.
- Age group: children and adult
- Fees listed below:
1) Individual Therapy: $253 GST inclusive/50 mins
2) ADHD assessments: price may vary depending on the complexity of the assessment
3) ASD assessments: price may vary depending on the complexity of the assessment)
- Services locations: face to face in Christchurch, online or phone